Comment on page
Create an Instance
You can create a new instance on the console.
Select the location where you need your instance.
Four types of specifications are supported: Memory-optimized (Dedicated vCPU), Compute-optimized (Dedicated vCPU), General-purpose (Dedicated vCPU) and Basic compute (Shared vCPU).
Support CentOS, Ubuntu and Windows operating system.
- System disk: the cloud storage space used to store operating system. System disk ranges from 1 GB to 100 GB, based on multiples of 20 GB.
- Additional data disk: extra storage space added to instance. You can add 10 disks at most with one disk of a maximum size of 2 TB.
Support root password generated by the system and the password set by yourself.
- It is highly recommended to change your password immediately for security after receiving email notification with password.
- The password must be 8 to 16 characters in length, containing all the following types: upper case letters, lower case letters, numbers, and special characters.
- Please remember your password and keep it safe.
Give your instance a unique name to identify.
Note The hostname must be 2 to 64 characters in length, and start with a letter or a number, containing only alphanumeric characters, dashes, and periods.
Set the upper limit of the bandwidth for the public outbound network of your instance, that is the maximum rate at which your instance can transmit data to the public network.
Select existing networks and subnets or click Create New Network to create new ones.
- Network A network can be a private IP network segment, and 10.0.0.0/8, 172.16.0.0/12 and 192.168.0.0/16 are supported. Instances in one network can communicate securely. You can create two networks in one location.
- Subnet A network can be separated into subnets. Instances in different subnets of the same network can communicate securely. You can create 3 subnets in one network.Note See Create a Network for more details.
Security groups allow you to secure your instance by explicitly defining which type of traffic is allowed to reach it. You can deploy 2 security group on an instance at most. A maximum of 400 rules are allowed in one security group. You can select existing security groups or click Create New Security Group to create a new one.
Select the instance quantity you need on the lower left conner, check resource and price, check the permission, and click Create.
You can create 999 instances at most. If you need more, please issue a ticket on zenConsole or directly contact Zenlayer sales.
Last modified 4mo ago